So, this morning's post was supposed to have been posted last night, but I fell asleep. So the one that I said was for "tomorrow" I'm actually posting now...then I'll post another one tomorrow :)
I cannot begin to express how thankful I am for... My Parents.
I could not have custom designed better parents for myself. They are the perfect mix of gentle but firm, generous without spoiling, loving and compassionate but not afraid to discipline. They reared my siblings and me in the light of God's love. We were taken, not dragged, to church. We were included in activities that taught us to socialize comfortably with people of all ages. They taught us respect for our elders and caring and compassion for little tykes. As the family of a commercial airline pilot, we were blessed with many opportunities for travel that was fascinating, relaxing, educational and just downright fun. Looking back on my childhood, the thing that stands out in my memory most prominently is the laughter. We were always a family ready to laugh and have fun. As a teenager, I would often choose to pass up activities with my peers in favor of activities with my family. For a pretty shy kid, they were the people I was most comfortable with and whose company I often preferred. My parents created a home atmosphere where we kids felt safe, secure and loved. I am so thankful for the parents that they were to me growing up, and so thankful that they are both a continuing presence in my life. After moving to the other side of the country as a young newlywed and moving back to the same side of the country as a mother of three, it has been a tremendous blessing the past several years to live within an hours drive of them. I could go on....and on and on and on, about how great my parents are. For now, though, I think I've made a pretty good case that I have the best parents in the world. As a mom, I look to them as my ideal model for what a good parent should be.
Proverbs 1:8 Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and forsake not your mother's teaching,
9 for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Very true. Well said.
Post a Comment